Friday, November 16, 2007

My first meeting with my professor

First of all, please accept my apology for my bad English; I started to write this post in farsi, but since our keyboard is not labled with the persian letters, and I don't know their places, it seemed to take a day for me to write a paragraph.I know I might have syntax errors, and am not expert in writing essays in an appropriate way, but beleive me I don't have any other choice.May this place would be a practice area for my English writing to be improved.

Anyway, I can't wait to tell you about my magical monday.It was just a dream coming true!Can you imagine? Let me explain from the begining:

You have started a very difficult thesis, which 2 persons have quitted it before you and the professor suggests it to you, and because you want to become a very scientific person! in future, you accept it.But after just 3 months you understand everything is much more complicated than you ever thought and even your professor doesn't know how to make it up.You start to search and search; gradually knowing someone from anotherside of the world, through his papers and books, learn how to solve your problems based on his proposed techniques, and after 2 years of hardwork and miserable days! finally you come up with an acceptable result.From those years, your field and the path of your scientific life changes and you just see that you are so involved in this field, that you can upscale your experiences throughout factories and you continue and continue...everytime get a book that you are intersted in its topic , the editor is that person...you look at the page just after the cover, and see :edited by... ...., Department of...., ...., San Francisco...and you just go so deeply through your dreams and whisper:"what would happen if I could just spend a day in his lab?" and just return from the sweet dream that you think is too good to happen foryou..


And last monday, I saw him just in his house, in fornt of his huge library, telling me :"Hey, you are a remarkable woman; you finally conqured every obstacle and now you are here.I'm here to help you and you are working just for yourself...let's first have a coffe form Mr. Starbocks and then I will show you the lab...But don't rush, you should first find a suitable home; I know it's not more difficult than getting visa from Mr. Bush!"



Going for your biggest dream, is not easy.I say it's so so hard.You should lose and miss many things , many many dear and lovely things, you should be prepared for everything unexpected, you should conquer your fears from unknowns, you should just put your foot in a dark room.....But I'm here to tell you: IT'S WORTH!Let your dream determines your path of life at least once..as said by a writer: Dream is not born in your mind, without a power inside you to make it a reality.(this is my own translation!)

No comments: