Friday, December 14, 2007

Surge





Surge is the name of our building: our lab is also located inside it.When I first met there, at the top of the hill, sourrended by eucalyptus trees, I was wondering how does it taste to work in such a beautiful forest, and it's really wonderful. Our professor prefered to stay here, while the whole university labs were transfering to the official buidings at another side of the city.It realy helps, when you have the chance of breathing in fresh air and nurturing your mind with beautiful scenec of the nature, specially at the middle of hard work in lab.


I couldn't imagine that I will be this much busy just in a month! I'm working on a paper and also I have many things to do in lab.(But don't worry, I have enough time for all of my friends!!!)


An interesting point about our lab is that all of us are asian, except my professor.We have 2 chineese PhDs, which are lab supervisors; the kind,funny and lovely secretary from Philipines and 2 other fellows.


It's also intersting that here everyone works hard; you can't even let yourself check emails during work hours, and I don't know how, but you can't waste your time anyway.This is the first period of my life in which, when I want to go back home, I just feel I've done enough! everything is ready for you for acting 100% of your potential, and there is no excuse! Automatically you will be ommited from the system if you don't work enough.


Here, I can actually see how an invention comes out to the world: most of the time there are clients, mostly top producers,who want the lab to test their newly developed products, and you can't imagine how exciting it is to be the first one to know about it , rather than seeing it in the patent website after years! It's also fantastic when you meet somebody from US patents office who has come to qualify your professor's invention!


Beleive it or not, all these things happen in this small building!












No comments: